Lou Cetrangelo's Spitfire
Lou Cetrangelo's Spitfre. As friend of Sal Calvagna, Sal made the arrangements to purchase the
Meisterscale Spitfire Short Kit and plans for him. After about four and a half months it is finished and
recently he had a chance to fly it with Sals help and encouragement. It flew great in spite of a crosswind.
He wanted to take it easy on the DA-50 but he can see it will be a very fast plane. He hopes to see everyone
at the Warbirds Over Delaware flyin.
- Weight 20 lbs
- Engine: DA-50
- Modified Slimline Pits Muffler to fit in Cowl by shorting barrel.
- Propeller: 3 blade Bolly carbon fiber 20" X 12".
- Fuselage and tail are covered in 1 oz fiberglass cloth.
- Wings are covered in natural Solortex.
- Hinges: Robart Pin Hinges.
- Added Split Flaps.
- Fiberglass cowl using a one up foam mold.
- Meisterscale Spinner, Cowl and exhaust pipes.
- Robart Air Retracts.
- Fiberglass strut covers, and lower radiators.
- Wing Fillets from West systems 410 Microlight filler.
- 9 Servos are all HiTec Digital with a Futaba 8 Channel PCM receiver.
- NiMh batterys by Nobs.
- Paint is KlassKote Epoxy Paint.
- Australian Grey Nurse Marking were blown up from a 1/32 scale decal sheet.